Let us turn the light on for you!
New & Improved Convention Format
10:00 A.M.– 4:00 P.M. TEDx Lincoln -- Kimball Hall, UNL
Be sure to jump at the chance to experience an entire day of TEDx Talks when you come to convention. TEDx has generously offered special pricing to NSCTA members through Saturday, August 29th.
5:30 P.M. Executive Board Meeting --University Room, Holiday Inn
7:00-9:00 P.M. Registration for Convention Begins
7:00-12:00 P.M. Meet and Mingle!
Join us for hors d’oeuvres and a chance to visit with your peers. Mentors and mentees who arrive on Thursday night will be given the opportunity to connect before the weekend begins.
The 2015 TEDxLincoln will be Thursday, October 1, 2015, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. You may have noticed this coincides with our NSCTA Convention.
The organizers for the TEDxLincoln event have offered a special discount for NSCTA members. If you register at the link below by August 29, you can claim the discount.
Additional information about the TEDxLincoln event can be found at the links below:
To help both new and experienced coaches assess their teams, Jill Livingston, formerly of Fremont and currently Lincoln High, is developing a guide to help coaches develop benchmark for their students' progress over their debate careers. This document reflects the initial draft of that manual.
This resource has year level identifiers to help you guide your students and suggest specific areas of improvement with their debating skills.
Download the file here: http://www.nscta.info/NebraskaDebateCoachesManual.docx
Congrats to our 2014 Award Recipients
- Dennis Dolliver, Norfolk, Administrator of the Year
- Linda Clark, Retired, Gerald Oswald Outstanding Service Award
- Toni Heimes, Lincoln Southwest, John Thurber Distinguished Teacher
- Tyler Thompson, Gering, Dale E. Black Young Teacher
(Read an article about Tyler in the Gering Citizen.)
Follow us on Twitter:
Use the hashtag #NSCTA2K14 to browse session comments, pictures, and all the other fun goings on.
- Session Recorder Notes:
- View 'emTo view session recorder notes, you need to be a paid member of the NSCTA and activate a website account. Please make sure you register for the website with the same email and name you used for your convention/membership registration, so your registrations can be confirmed.
- NSCTA Calendar: View upcoming events and submit your event to our calendar: http://nscta.info/index.php/calendar/.