Holiday Inn Downtown
October 1, 2, & 3, 2015
Details later this summer!
To help both new and experienced coaches assess their teams, Jill Livingston, formerly of Fremont and currently Lincoln High, is developing a guide to help coaches develop benchmark for their students' progress over their debate careers. This document reflects the initial draft of that manual.
This resource has year level identifiers to help you guide your students and suggest specific areas of improvement with their debating skills.
Download the file here: http://www.nscta.info/NebraskaDebateCoachesManual.docx
Congrats to our 2014 Award Recipients
- Dennis Dolliver, Norfolk, Administrator of the Year
- Linda Clark, Retired, Gerald Oswald Outstanding Service Award
- Toni Heimes, Lincoln Southwest, John Thurber Distinguished Teacher
- Tyler Thompson, Gering, Dale E. Black Young Teacher
(Read an article about Tyler in the Gering Citizen.)
Follow us on Twitter:
Use the hashtag #NSCTA2K14 to browse session comments, pictures, and all the other fun goings on.
- Session Recorder Notes:
- View 'emTo view session recorder notes, you need to be a paid member of the NSCTA and activate a website account. Please make sure you register for the website with the same email and name you used for your convention/membership registration, so your registrations can be confirmed.
- NSCTA Calendar: View upcoming events and submit your event to our calendar: http://nscta.info/index.php/calendar/.
Randy Bretz, co-curator of TEDxLincoln, (www.tedxlincoln.com), is seeking involvement with schools, libraries and organizations in four or five communities strategically placed around our state to help us recruit presentations and performances as well as to host viewing sites for our live events. The TEDxLincoln organizers hope that Speech and Debate coaches across Nebraska will see these events as an opportunity to have their students attend one of the viewing sites.
TEDxLincoln, an event that was initiated in 2011 among a small group in Lincoln, has grown to include two major live events with a vision to give Nebraskans an opportunity to share ideas and performances that can contribute to a better world. Since our first event in 2011, we’ve shared nearly 100 presentations and performances to audiences attending the live events as well as a large number of participants who have joined us online. We’ve touched more than two million world-wide as a result, and we’re looking to grow.
For the upcoming school year, two viewing parties have been set:
- TEDxYouth@Lincoln August 16, 2014
- TEDxLincoln Main November 14, 2014